Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

what hope looks like

Four years ago, I started dating my now husband. One of the things I loved and still love most about him is his family. I quickly became friends with his mother and sister, who in no time became a second mom to me and the sister I never had. 

Since then, I witnessed my sister's struggles with infertility. I suffered every one of her losses as my own. Throughout the years, we lost everything but hope. We had nothing to hold on to or look forward to, as every attempt on having *living* children had failed. Then in 2013, after having lost two sets of twins (the first set at 14 and 17 weeks, the second at 21.5 weeks), the surrogacy journey started. In March 2014, my favorite girl in the world was born. Sure, her cute cheeks and long lashes help, but she's my all-time favorite mostly because of what she represents. 

She's the definition of hope and perseverance. She's the perfect rainbow after a hell of a storm. 

Her sole presence encourages me to keep on, because someday I too might have a rainbow in my arms. 





No comments:

Post a Comment